Nikolai Petrovich Krasnov (Nov 23, 1864 – Dec 8, 1939) was an architect, academic, and painter of architectural scenes.
Between 1887-1899, he was chief architect of Yalta, for which he was paid 900 roubles per annum, and a contract for twenty four years, of which he fulfilled twelve. He also held a private practice until 1911.
At the young architect lay full responsibility for solving a wide range of issues associated with the rapid development of Yalta as the all-Russian resort city. Architect Nikolai Krasnov started with an expansion of the promenade, which in 1913 became the main street of Yalta. In 1889 he began to develop a new plan for the city. Under his guidance, urban sewerage and new streets were constructed, and old streets were renamed. He limited the width of the streets and the height of buildings, eliminated chaotic construction in the city; built a school and a children’s hospital; constructed the Pushkin Boulevard, strengthened the embankment of the river Wuchang-Su retaining the original wall and stone parapet, while across the river he setup two concrete bridges of reinforced concrete. In 1913, he compiled an album of illustrations for over 60 of his works, and he presented it to the St Petersburg Academy of Arts.