We’re smack in the middle of the Year of Russia in the UK and there is much to anticipate for the next half year. A massive Malevich retrospective at the Tate Modern, an exhibition of avant-garde theatre design at the Victoria & Albert, a look at the famous Jack of Diamonds at the Courtauld. I’m beside myself.
But before all that, we have June to get through. So what’s happening around the planet?
- In Chicago‘s Ukrainian National Museum, an exhibition of the works of Roman Vovk continues till June 14, 2014. Dammit, I had no idea of the existence of this museum when I lived in Chicago years ago. Dammit.
- A personal exhibition of the works of Liviu Hâncu, a Moldovan artist, runs till June 8, 2014, at the Constantin Brancusi gallery in Chișinău, Moldova.
- In the Riga Art Space, En Vogue, a display of Latvian and Siberian contemporary art starts June 13, 2014, and continues till August 2014 in Riga, Latvia.
- On the Internet is the Carlos Reid Gallery where you can find, among others, the works of Alexander Ilichev.
- And, finally, New York‘s Gallery Shchukin holds an exhibition of the works of the Dagestan-born artist and sculptor Aladdin Garunov till June 30, 2014.