Vladimir Korbakov (Vologda region, 1922 – ) painted the work below in 2009.
Korbakov is a heavily awarded artist (prizewinner in 1998, 2007, 2008, laureate, gold medallist, etc.) In 1940, after school, he went to learn art at a studio run by the Union of Artists. The following year, he volunteered to the front where, following injury, he was invalided. He then joined the White Sea fleet where he performed to distinction. After the war, he joined the Moscow School of Art, where he studied till 1951, after which he trained at the Surikov Institute of Art.
He returned to Vologda in 1958 and set up his own studio. He was named an Honoured Artist of the RSFSR (the Russian federation) in 1972. He was one of the organisers and supervisors of the Vologda arm of the Russian Union of Artists. Over a period of half a century, he has created over a thousand art and graphic works, which can be found in the State Tretyakov Museum, the Museum of the Landscape and many other museums in the Vologda region.